Join Our Exciting Communications Team!
The position will report directly to the Communications Manager with the key purpose of providing a wide range of communications outputs to our partners, donors and other stakeholders, as well as providing communications support across a number of different divisions and programs within the organization.
In this exciting and challenging role, successful applicant will be required to:
- Demonstrate fluent Bahasa Indonesia and English – both spoken and written.
- Demonstrate excellent creative writing ability as well as technical writing ability in Bahasa Indonesia and English.
- Draft high quality communications content and maximize the full range of communications delivery channels, including social media.
- Liaise with key stakeholders and proactively build on working relationships and partnerships.
- Serve as interface with functional areas.
- Manage multiple priorities and projects.
- Maintain brand identity, standards and practices organization-wide.
- Coordinate closely with and provide a back-to-back assistance to the BOSF Communications Manager with other duties as required.
- An undergraduate degree in Communications / Journalism or related area.
- Communications experience with multiple stakeholder groups, preferably including an experience working in an NGO / non-profit organization.
- Extensive knowledge and skills in using a variety of software packages, such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Knowledge and skills in visual communications (photography, design, etc); preferably including some ability to use design software such as Adobe Photoshop and InDesign.
- Profound interest in conservation, particularly in orangutan conservation, and some understanding of relevant ethics, policies and procedures in conservation, particularly orangutan conservation.
- Strong understanding of all media platforms and associated technologies.
- Well-developed skills in project management and public & media relations.
- Ability to travel to various remote locations that sometimes requires stamina and endurance.
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team.
- Positive, outgoing and energetic attitude with an achievement-oriented mindset and a fondness for creative thinking and innovation.
Please send application, CV, supporting documents as well as your expected salary to email@example.com by November 18th, 2014.
Qualified individuals from outside the Greater Jakarta-Bogor area are welcomed to apply. However, please note that the BOS Foundation does not offer a relocation allowance upon successful recruitment.
Veterinarian and Paramedic of Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation (BOSF) Based in Central Kalimantan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to Medical Coordinator and Project Manager in implementing assignments and reporting activity progress;
- Involved in preparing activity plan for medical tasks (monthly and annual) and implementing activities as planned;
- Careful use and maintenance of project assets;
- Provide guidance and advice as well as assigning job division/ tasks and responsibilities to the Paramedics;
- Lead and conduct examinations of new animals and responsible for ensuring up to date data on these animals;
- Manage animal dietary requirements when nutritionist absent and directly communicate with the Head of Division (observation-enrichment);
- Medical action required on all/ any animals within our rehab and rescue program;
- Coordinate animal health monitoring, progress, treatment and recovery;
- Responsible in the use of disinfectant and antiseptic accurately, in dose and usage;
- Control, supervise, and stress the importance of recording the use of drugs for animals as well as responsible to the use of anesthesia and associated equipment;
- Prepare recommendation letters, from a medical (physical and psychological) aspect for orangutans ready to be reintroduced;
- Assist the process of implementation of employee health checks
Competencies and Qualification
- Writing and verbal English Communication skills is a must;
- Graduated with a Bachelor degree majoring Veterinary from reputable university and D3 for paramedic
- Willing to be placed in Central Kalimantan;
- Fresh graduated or has working experience in the same field for at least 2 (two) years;
- Computer literate on Ms. Office and capable in operating Internet based operation;
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, meet deadlines and apply a good work ethic.
- Respect for animals.
Please send application, CV, and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org