Veterinarian and Paramedic of Borneo Orangutan Survival Foundation (BOSF) Based in Central Kalimantan
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible to Medical Coordinator and Project Manager in implementing assignments and reporting activity progress;
- Involved in preparing activity plan for medical tasks (monthly and annual) and implementing activities as planned;
- Careful use and maintenance of project assets;
- Provide guidance and advice as well as assigning job division/ tasks and responsibilities to the Paramedics;
- Lead and conduct examinations of new animals and responsible for ensuring up to date data on these animals;
- Manage animal dietary requirements when nutritionist absent and directly communicate with the Head of Division (observation-enrichment);
- Medical action required on all/ any animals within our rehab and rescue program;
- Coordinate animal health monitoring, progress, treatment and recovery;
- Responsible in the use of disinfectant and antiseptic accurately, in dose and usage;
- Control, supervise, and stress the importance of recording the use of drugs for animals as well as responsible to the use of anesthesia and associated equipment;
- Prepare recommendation letters, from a medical (physical and psychological) aspect for orangutans ready to be reintroduced;
- Assist the process of implementation of employee health checks
Competencies and Qualification
- Writing and verbal English Communication skills is a must;
- Graduated with a Bachelor degree majoring Veterinary from reputable university and D3 for paramedic
- Willing to be placed in Central Kalimantan;
- Fresh graduated or has working experience in the same field for at least 2 (two) years;
- Computer literate on Ms. Office and capable in operating Internet based operation;
- Able to work independently and in a team.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure, meet deadlines and apply a good work ethic.
- Respect for animals.
Please send application, CV, and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
BOS Foundation is looking for a Fundraising Officer. This is a newly created role in our organisation. Having already established successful fundraising initiatives we now need to expand that urgently and substantially to save orangutans. The Fundraising Officer will report to the Fundraising Expert and work closely with the Senior Advisors for Programs and Planning and Communications.
The Fundraising Officer will focus on implementing our online fundraising initiatives working under the guidance of the Fundraising Expert and with the Communications Department. Our strategic pillars are corporate fundraising in Indonesia and Asia, Foundation and major donor fundraising worldwide as well as establishing innovative online fundraising that generates results. You will work with our team in developing integrated fundraising campaigns. That includes involvement in innovating and developing new ways of online fundraising through social media. You will be able to work to tight deadlines and budgets, plan and be pro-active and have a very good eye for detail. You will also need to work with (potential) major donors globally.
The Successful Applicant
We are looking for someone with 3+ years working experience in online administration. Having experience in online fundraising or marketing would be highly beneficial. We need someone who is computer literate, able to manage databases,, well organized, have good attention to detail and good communications skills to maintain relationships with donors. We are looking for someone inspiring, creative, driven and innovative. Applicants must have excellent English and Bahasa Indonesia writing and verbal communication skills. Last but not least, you need to be passionate about saving orangutans.
What’s on Offer
The BOS Foundation has started on a large scale to release rehabilitated orangutans back into the forest, this is really exciting time for us, which requires detailed planning and extra funds, but also puts us in the limelight of the media. We are looking to increase our support from within Indonesia, an exciting time to do innovative fundraising. The right applicant will be offered substantial training and/or mentoring to supplement their fundraising knowledge where needed.
Basic Terms of Reference
- Passion for the cause
- Strong administration and database management skills
- Outstanding social skills
- Ability to develop and maintain good communications and relationships with donors
- Ability to work to deadlines
- Ability to work in a consolidated team
- Highly organized, self-motivated, strategic and hands-on
- Excellent English and Bahasa Indonesia language skills
- Creative and innovative
Please send application, CV, supporting documents as well as your expected salary to email@example.com More environment jobs at www.environmentjobs.com